A good video is one that is engaging, informative, and relevant to its audience. It should be well-produced, with high-quality audio and video, and it should be edited in a way that is both visually appealing and easy to follow.
The specifics that will make a video stand out will differ according to your audience (children will require different stimuli than adults, and vice versa) and subject(s), but many would agree that a good video will always be relevant to its audience, possess a strong content and engaging storytelling, is professionally produced and is edited effectively.
In addition to the factors above, a good video should also be original, authentic and easily shareable.
Tips To Make Your Video Stand Out
With so many videos out there vying for attention and the average attention span getting shorter by the day, creating a video that effectively stands out will be a challenge. However, it’s not impossible. Here are five powerful tips that will help make your video stand out:
1. Have a clear and concise message
What do you want your audience to know or do after watching your video? Make sure your message is clear and concise and that it is communicated throughout the video.
2. Tell a story
People love stories, so use your video to tell one. This could be a personal story, a story about your business or product, or even a fictional story. Just make sure the story is relevant to your target audience and that it engages them from beginning to end.
3. Use high-quality visuals and audio
Your video should be visually appealing and have good audio quality. This doesn’t mean you need expensive equipment, but you should put some effort into making your video look and sound good.
4. Edit your video carefully
Once you have filmed your video, take the time to edit it carefully. This includes removing any unnecessary footage, adding transitions and effects, and adding music and sound effects.
5. Promote your video
Once your video is finished, promote it on social media, your website, and other channels. A larger audience can also be reached by using sponsored advertising
Here are some additional tips to help your video stand out:
- Be uniquely ‘you –. Don’t try to be someone you’re not, and don’t copy other people’s videos. Be authentic and allow your individuality to come through.
- Use humour – A well-placed joke can make your video more engaging and memorable.
- Use visuals to support your message – Don’t just tell your viewers what you want to say – show them. Make use of graphics, movies, and pictures to support your points..
- Ask questions – Asking your viewers questions is a great way to engage them and keep them curiously watching.
- Include a call to action – Tell your viewers what you want them to do after watching your video. This could be visiting your website, subscribing to your channel, or leaving a comment.
Creating an effective and engaging video can be challenging, even for a professional. Before starting out, put yourself in the shoes of your viewers and be honest with yourself whether the content you’re putting out is interesting enough. It might also be helpful to engage the help of a friend who can be a neutral sounding board to you and can also provide honest feedback.
Better still, if you’re still new in the world of video production and unsure of the quality of work you can produce, it’s best to engage the help of a professional, aka us! Trusted by many clients over the years, we have proven ourselves to be one of the best boutique video production companies in Singapore. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how we can help you create an engaging video that stands out!